How to find us
From abroad to Hungary by plane
Many large and budget international airlines operate flights to Budapest Ferihegy airport (BUD). The City of Budapest can be easily accessed from both airport terminals by the Airport Minibus shuttle service, fast public transport (Bus 200), taxi, or car. Several car rental companies have their representatives at both terminals. Please check the web pages of the airport for further details. Consult the Budapest Airport webpage for further details.
From abroad to Hungary by train
Most international trains arrive at Budapest Keleti pu. (East Station) but trains to Szeged leave from Budapest Nyugati pu. (West Station). All trains to Szeged can be also boarded at Kőbánya-Kispest station. The short trip between the railway stations can be done by means of public transport or by taxi. See the International Railway Timetables for more information.
Public transport within Budapest
The followings are only the few most important connections between railway stations and the airport of Budapest. Please check the web site of the Budapest Public Transport Services (BKV) for more details, prices, route maps, etc.
- From Keleti Palyaudvar to Nyugati Palyaudvar : Take trolley-bus #73 at Baross ter (Bethlen Gabor u.), 8 stops, get off at Terez korut (next to Nyugati pu.). Travel time approx. 15 minutes.
- From Keleti Palyaudvar to Kobanya-Kispest: Take tram #24 at Baross ter (Festetics Gy.u.), 6 stops, change to metro M3 at Nagyvarad ter, 5 stops, get off at Kobanya-Kispest. Travel time approx. 25 minutes.
- From Ferihegy I. terminal to Kobanya-Kispest: Take bus #200, 4 stops, get off at Kobanya-Kispest. Travel time approx. 20 minutes.
- From Ferihegy II. terminal to Kobanya-Kispest: Take bus #200, 6 stops, get off at Kobanya-Kispest. Travel time approx. 24 minutes.
- From Kobanya-Kispest to Nyugati Palyaudvar: Take metro M3, 12 stops, get off at Nyugati Palyaudvar. Travel time approx. 21 minutes.
From Budapest to Szeged by train
Trains from Budapest to Szeged leave from Budapest-Nyugati pu. (Nyugati Station) and also stop at Kobanya-Kispest station. These trains run every hour and the trip takes about 2 hours and 25 minutes and costs 2780 HUF one-way 2nd class. All these trains have seat reservation possibility for extra comfort for a little extra price (350 HUF). If you come from Budapest Airport, you can get on the train at Ferihegy station. Consult the Hungarian Railway Timetables (ELVIRA) for more information.
From Budapest to Szeged by car
Szeged is directly connected with Budapest by the M5 highway. It is the fastest and most convenient way to Szeged by car. The fee for the use of the highway system in Hungary has to be paid in advance by purchasing the appropriate vignette. For prices and details please refer to the web pages below. Since the last section of M5 reaching Szeged was just recently finished, older maps and route planning software may not show it, but once you are on M5 you can drive along and just take the Exit at 159km at the north border of Szeged (in direction M43, Szeged Eszak, Hodmezovasarhely, Nagylak, Arad).
Local transportation in Szeged
If you need local transportation within Szeged and you do not feel like walking, there are three tram lines (1, 3, 4), four trolley lines (5, 7, 8, 9), and several bus lines with frequent stops and change locations to get you basically anywhere in town. To ride on any of these vehicles you need a valid pass. Single tickets (HUF 200), daily tickets (HUF 600), weekly tickets (HUF 2.200) can be purchased at kiosks near major stops and change points. Single tickets can also be purchased at the driver for some extra money (HUF 250). A ticket is only valid for a single ride, so you have to use another ticket if you change the vehicle.
- From Bus station to Árpád tér: Take trolley number 5 or 7 in direction to Újszeged Gyermekkórház and travel three stops. Gett off at Széchenyi tér and change to tram number 1 in direction Szeged Pályaudvar . Go 2 stops and get off at Aradi vértanúk tere station. Walk along Jókai street and find our building at the right hand side at the first corner.
- From Railway station to Árpád tér : : Take tram #1 in front of the railway station and travel 3 stations. Get off at Aradi vértanúk tere station. Walk along Jókai street and find our building at the first corner.